Disclaimer: I received an Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler Duffel (60L) as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
This year has been very busy for me – I am always on the go! A typical day for me is: getting in a morning run, fix a quick breakfast, head to work, hurry home for dinner then get to the gym for a class or to shadow (this is for a future post, but yes, I have an apprenticeship at my gym!). Throw in a weekly pet sitting gig, or evening work event and it can get crazy. Pair that with my decision to not race as much this year, but the races I did sign up for were like a mini vacation – like my recent races at San Jose and Monterey. So having a great traveling bag is a must!
The Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler Duffle is PERFECT for a race weekend getaway. I tend to over-pack and I was still able to pack everything needed for race weekend – race day clothing as well as my non-runner essentials. Check out the deets that make this duffle perfect for travel:
- ULTRA-LIGHT (the 60L weighs only 1 lb 12 oz!!)
- Made with an extra-durable, water-repellent coated Bi-Tech™ Armor Lite fabric: a fusion of technology that merges max abrasion-resistance with ultra-light carry
- Bartack reinforcement on all high stress points for maximum schlepping
- Carry by its removable backpack straps, padded top haul handles, or side grab handle
- U-shaped lid for easy access to main compartment
- Sizeable easy-access zippered end pockets for gear organization
- Six heavy-duty lash points for attaching this bag to a roof rack
- #10 lockable zippers with storm flap shield zipper from rain
- Bottom is foam padded to help protect contents against impact
One of the best features about this duffle bag is storing it! The bag folds into itself, in a nice little package – smaller than a shoe box!
The Cargo Hauler Duffle Bag has been great for my race weekend mini vacations, and I’ve also loved taking it to the gym; it is much easier than using a tote bag, which is what I was using. It fits every thing I need for the gym, with room to spare. Each side of the duffle has a zippered compartment (gear pockets), along with the main compartment. I like the side compartments because they are roomy, and are a perfect way of separating my sweaty clothes from my clean clothes.
What I am really looking forward to is some Spring and Summer camping trips where I can really test out the durability of this bag – this thing is made for adventures! But for now, I’ll continue to use it for my race travels & trips to the gym.
- Versatile – handles, straps or backpack straps allow you to carry it in multiple ways and however is most comfortable for you. The straps are also removable.
- Super easy storage
- Padded bottom
- “No matter what” warranty
- No shoulder sling strap
- No inner compartment – such as a zippered area